Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy.

Alright, so not too long ago, I was blog-surfing and found a blog that had a post on it asking if you were right handed, or left, and I thought it was quite interesting. The subject, I mean. See, I'm one of those people who really pay attention to details like that. I look at peoples hands, and how they use them, and I look at peoples eyes before I really look at the rest of their face. And if you really pay attention to the small details like that, you can pretty much guess whether someone is right handed or left.
For instance, if you look at someone's hands, all you have to do is pay attention to the length of their nails to see which hand they use more. If their nails are long on the left side, they're most likely right handed, because their nails will be worn down slightly on the hand they use more. Or if you look at someone's handwriting, and their writing tilts slightly to the left, instead of the right like it's supposed to, they're most likely left handed. Or, if you see a callous (a rough spot or bump) on their middle finger (where a pen would rest when writing), then that's most likely the hand they use to write with.
I always thought that the hand a person uses more than the other says a lot about them, and it really is kind of useful to know. Which is why I have decided to do a poll on my blog asking if you're right handed, left handed, or ambidextrous. I'm ambidextrous, in case you were curious. Well, okay, I grew up mostly right handed, but a few years back I realized that I can do pretty much anything with my left hand as I could do with my right, including eating and writing. I find that very interesting, because my mom once told me that when I was little, I was left handed. I used my left hand to play and draw and stuff, not my right. But everyone in the family made such a big deal about me being left handed, that one day I just switched hands, and used my right hand ever since.
Just a few years ago (maybe three, if that), I was goofing off and decided to try and write with my left hand, instead of my right. At first it was kind of messy, because I wasn't quite sure how to hold my hand considering that I had only used my right hand all those years, but after a little practice, I got better. I'm still not quite as good with my left hand as I am with my right, but if I just slow down and not try to write as fast with my left as I do with my right, you can barely tell the difference from the two. Here's an example:
The top is obviously with my left hand, and the bottom is with my right. You can't really see much of a difference, except that the top one (the one with my left hand) is slightly bubblier (that does not sound like I word, ha ha), and by the thickness of the pen you could tell that I went slower when writing with my left hand, but other than that, they're pretty much the same.
Anyway, I'm curious to hear how many of you are right handed, and how many of you are left handed. Or even how many (if any) of you are ambidextrous. I can't see you, so I can't really use my methods to guess, but I am curious to know. So go ahead and vote at the bottom of my blog, where the poll is held. If you feel like it, of course.
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.
P.S. Sorry if this post came off as slightly scatter-brained, but that's because I am slightly scatter-brained. ADD, you know. Please vote!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment