Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Saturday, August 1, 2009

"Cotton candy's fluffy!"

A few years ago, my mom told my brother and I a story of how my dad had done something funny in his sleep. He was just sleeping, and all of the sudden, he sat strait up with his eyes open, and said in a real matter-of-fact way, "cotton candy's fluffy", like he was seriously contemplating it, and just found out the truth about cotton candy being fluffy. Then he just laid back down, like it never happened, asleep before he hit the pillow. In the morning, when my mom was telling us this story, my dad had no recollection of this dream at all. And so to this day, we all have no idea what kind of dream would bring on such a revelation as "cotton candy's fluffy"...

While we're on the subject of people doing funny things in their sleep, I think I should tell you how my big bro talks in his sleep. When we were little, one night my mom and dad heard voices coming from our room (yeah, I had to share a room with my brother...). They heard high-pitched woman's voices, and deep manly voices. My mom and dad were freaking out a little, to say the least. "What's that? is there someone in the kid's room?" My mom asked my dad. When my dad got up and checked on us, he found no one in our room but my brother and I. When my dad went back into his and mom's room, it started up again. Only this time, my parent's heard the voices, and then loud laughing. Needless to say, they checked on us several more times, and came to the conclusion that it was my brother, talking in his sleep. Through the years, we have all gotten used to him talking in his sleep. One time, (I don't know why this particular time has imprinted into my mind) he was talking again, (more like mumbling, because I couldn't understand him at first) and he stopped for a moment, and then said, loud and clear, "mom, can I go to Ryan's tree house?" Ryan was a friend at the time, and let me tell you, he did not have a tree house. But it was funny anyway. And to this day, he continues to talk in his sleep...

Also, I would just like to tell you, that my 83 year old great-grandmother, snores. Loudly. We like to joke, that when she snores, it sounds like a demon is in her room, growling. And it may just be a "joke", but it's sooo true. It does sound like a growling demon! For all we know, that could be, like, her inner demon coming out in the middle off the night, growling because it's hungry for little children with a likeness for cotton candy! And the minute we let our guard down, she's gonna sneak into our room and eat us, her hell hounds salivating at her feet!!!
...Okay, maybe I'm being just a little paranoid.
...Or not...
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.

No comments:

Post a Comment