Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The amazing dictionary of sounds

The amazing dictionary of sounds is a dictionary in which you can learn how to spell sounds. Sounds like my personal favorite, the zerbert (this is embarrassing, but I don't really know how to spell zerbert, so this spelling is just a guess). The amazing dictionary of sounds (or TADOS) is not a real book (yet), though. It is completely made up, by none other than me. I got this idea when I was chatting on yahoo! chat with my Aunt In The Big Damn Bus Of A Home, and I spelled a zerbert out to her. She thought it was so funny that she suggested that I should make a book out of it, so here I am, trying to spell funny sounds out like a total weirdo. Anyway, so here are a few funny sounds that I have attempted to spell:

Alien probe and/or scanner:
A sound that may come from an alien device which scans or probes.
"Nnnnneeeerrrierierierierierierierierierrrrrrrrr..." (pronounced as spelled, in a high pitched voice).

Zerbert aka Razzberry (not to be confused with raspberry, which is indeed a berry):
A zerbert is a sound one might make to annoy a sibling. To make such a sound, one sticks their tongue out and blows, thus creating a sound in which every child recognizes.
"Pthbthbthbtbthbthththththththth!!!" (caution: one might spit on the recipient of a zerbert if it is deployed at close range).

Flush:
A sound one might hear if they were to flush their toilet.
"Ffffflshshshshshshshshsh!!!" (pronounced as spelled, with emphasis on the "fffff" and the "shshshshshsh" tapering off at the end).

Old cat meow:
A sound one might hear coming from either an old cat, or a very sleepy/grumpy/lazy cat.
"Mrraowwwfff..." (For best results, one should let their eyelids droop, like they're sleepy).

Okay, that's all I got right now, soo...Maybe I'll think of some more later.
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.

2 comments:

  1. Great start but we need a book full and check on line when you get a chance where you can publish a book it may not be the novel you want to write but you could be published before your next Birthday. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I'll have to check around. Mum and I also have a really fun and useful idea that can be written up and published pretty quickly as well. Ask me about it (via email or phone call), it's good.

    ReplyDelete