Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Monday, October 19, 2009

You go to hell, you go to hell and you die!!!

Okay, so I have been procrastinating slightly on writing this post, because I know I have a lot to say about this, and I don't want to be here all day (oh well, I can try). So the subject today, is church. I am a Christian, although I don't really like to put a label on it, considering the fact that I don't believe in some (a lot, really) of the things that Christian's say and do. For instance, if you don't go to church, you're going to hell (what?!). This is stupid to me, since church can be anywhere. My church is in my home, with my Bible and a few other research books on the word of God, and maybe Pastor Melissa Scott on the TV (more on that later). Church to me is a place of refuge, a place where I can be comfortable, a place where I can research the word of God without interruption, or corruption. Take Calvary Chapel for instance: they have snack bars inside the chapel, where we are supposed to be worshiping our God. Now, I only went to Calvary Chapel twice before I couldn't stand being there anymore, so I could be full of crap (I don't think I am), but when I was there, and when I heard what was going on from my brother after I stopped going, all I was thinking was, "I wish I could go there and yell at all of them...". In Matthew 21:12, it says, "Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves." This is only one translation, but you get the point. And the point is, when Jesus saw that the church was selling doves and what-not inside the house of God, he was angry. Because it was disrespectful, to be selling wares inside the house of his Father. And in my opinion, that is exactly what Calvary is doing, and it's wrong. It just makes me want to go in the church and overturn their tables and yell, "It is written, 'my house will be called a house of prayer', but you are making it a 'den of robbers'", just as Jesus had said, and then maybe they would get it. As you can see, I get quite bunched up about this kind of thing, so I'll move on to another subject. Like, "AC DC is the devil!". Calvary said that, not me. They seem to think that the band AC DC is satanic, and to me, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. They think that the "AC" in "AC DC" stands for "anti-christ", which is just stupid. They don't know the people in that band personally, so they can't just assume something like that without proof. Anyway, now I would like to bring up the Mary-Magdalene-being-a-prostitute, thing. Everyone always talks about Mary Magdalene being a prostitute, but that is not true. It does not say anywhere in the Bible that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. Yes, it does tell a story of how Jesus had saved a prostitute named Mary, but mention of her last name is nowhere in there, and at the time, Mary was a very common name for women. Now that we've got that strait, let's change the subject once more, huh? I watch Pastor Melissa Scott (see? Told ya I'd get to it) on TV sometimes, and if you want to learn the word of the Bible, then I suggest you do the same. What makes me want to suggest her to people who would like to learn the word of God, is the fact that she tells it how it is, not how King James or whoever else tells us how it is. She is a translator, and she knows all the no-longer (at least to us American's) spoken languages of the Bible. She translates the bible exactly how it reads, and then interprets it from there. The only difference between her translations and the men who originally translated the book to English, is she does not interpret the meanings of the ancient words the way she wants to, she interprets them in the most literal way possible, which is amazingly awesome to me, because some of the men who translated the Bible may have used it as a chance to get what they wanted the meaning of the stories those men once wrote down into the Bible without us knowing, without us questioning their words. And really, who's to say that everything in the Bible is correct to begin with? I mean, it was written by men, not God himself. And I do think that some of the Bible is accurate, but not all. Because what if some of those men were corrupt in their thinking, and therefore wrote what they wanted to be true, whatever they wanted that would help them in their lives. And Pastor Scott helps me ween-out the lies, so I can know what is true, and what is merely the word of a man, just a man who wrote what he wanted, twisted the truth to get something out of it. And I like to know the truth about what the Bible really says, and she shows you exactly how she translates it, and how she came to the conclusion of what she thinks that verse means. Which is good, because everyone in my opinion should question the word of God, or rather, the word of man, because God would want us to be smart, and it is not smart to just blindly trust a man's word. Because faith should be reserved for God, not for selfish humans. Now that I have gotten my point across, I think I should end here. Although I must tell you, I have much more to say on this subject, like how I think that if you are a good person, and you do good things, and you love and believe in God, and Jesus, and believe that he died for our sins, you've got a one-way ticket to heaven. Because that's all it's really about: Love. Love for God, love for his son who gave his life for us, love for others, and love for life. It's not about "who's the best Christian", or "who throws their hands up in the air at church to 'praise' God when listening to Christian music", either. It's just love, simple as that. If you have love in your heart, and act on that love, and compassion, you're not going to hell because you don't like to go to church.

Calvary Chapel's the devil! (Just kidding, that's a bit extreme)

Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.
P.S. Don't ya love the way I wrote in circles and somehow got back to the beginning of the blog?
Also, for those of you who might happen to actually like Calvary Chapel, pay careful attention to what I have said: if you think about it, you know it to be true. And who knows, if at least one person hears me, and my opinion, and agrees with me, then I have done some good. Because it can take only one person to change the ways of the church, if they set their minds to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment