Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Monday, September 13, 2010

The end of an era...

I just saw on the news today, that the New York Times newspaper is going out of print. No, you are not hallucinating, I really said that the New York Times is not going to be printed anymore. Not because they're going out of business, but because they're doing it all online now. Gone are the times when you could pick up a newspaper on your way to work, or outside your home in the morning, and actually read the news on paper. Now they expect you to log on to your computer and read it online! What has this country come to, when you can't even hold a newspaper in your hands anymore? This is just like what they're trying to do with books. They think if they provide us with electronic book readers, we'd rather buy that instead of buying an actual book. I have said it before, and I will say it again: I will never, ever give up my way of life, the way in which I read things on paper, not computerized screens. Where I go to an actual book store, pick a book I like, and bring it home with me, stashing it on one of many bookshelves. Where I can physically touch a book bound with paper, and glue, and printed in ink. Or regarding the newspaper, what will I do when we can no longer fight over who's turn it is to read the comics? Or do a crossword? Or read an article? What is happening to society to make them believe that words printed on paper should be obsolete? Are they just too lazy to do the printing, or is it the consumers who are too lazy to leave their computer-caves and get the paper? Or (and this one makes the most since in this day and age), is it because they think we're "wasting too much paper" and they want to "go green"? Personally I don't think that paper is our problem here when it comes to the environment. I think its bottled water companies who continue to manufacture plastic bottles that -when left in the sun for a period of time- cause Cancer, not to mention that no matter how many times they claim that the plastic is completely recyclable, they are lying, because they can only melt down and reuse a percentage of the plastic on their bottles, and the rest most likely goes to some dump somewhere to sit and pollute our air for several years. Or how about the so-called "green" cars they just love to push on us? They may be nice for our air, because they don't use gas, but they always forget to mention that the batteries they use in those cars have mercury in them, and mercury is the opposite of "environmentally safe". They can not dispose of mercury. They can only dump it in some landfill somewhere away from society (hopefully), because it literally will create dead-zones wherever they dump it. Do you know what mercury poisoning can do to you? Well, just in case you don't, here's a list of some of the symptoms, so you know just how dangerous it really is:

You can develop Psychological and Neurological problems such as: Short term memory loss, angry fits, suicidal tendencies, inability to sleep, low self esteem, Belle's Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Shingles, Epilepsy/convulsions, Nervous Tension, the shakes of hands, feet, head, etc, twitching of face or other muscles and more, headaches, vertigo, tinnitus, speech and visual impairment, Glaucoma, etc. You may also get Cardiovascular problems, like arrhythmia, high blood pressure, heart attack, weak pulse etc. Also you can get digestive tract problems, oral problems, respiratory problems including asthma, skin problems, certain blood diseases, allergies, and different Cancer's including Hodgkin's disease, Leukemia and more. The list goes on and on, but I think I'll stop here, since I've gotten my point across well enough.

My main point here is it would be stupid and hypocritical to stop printing newspapers and attempt to replace other paper products such as books just because it's not "green", when the use of mercury in batteries or plastic's that cause Cancer will most definitely kill us all much, much faster. So what is it? Why on earth would they stop printing newspapers? I mean, it may only be the New York Times now, but that will not be the end of it. Next it will be all newspapers, and then what? All books? All magazines? All paper products altogether? Next thing you know we'll be living in a world of technology, with no more human contact at all. It's bad enough that people rather text each other than talk on the phone. I mean, I will admit that it is fun to write messages to your friends and family on the computer, but if I had a choice, I would rather talk to them in person, or even on the phone!
I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that it seems like an end of an era to get rid of newspapers, and there is more of this crap to come. It saddens me to think that my children will not know what a newspaper actually printed on paper is, but I know I am right. And there's nothing I can do but stand by and watch, and maybe complain and plea about it on this here blog...
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.

1 comment:

  1. I like your rant, but yes plastic bottles don't completely recycle, you loose some every time it's recycled. As far as your electric cars go at least the batteries can be recycled, and it's not like when one does go dead, you the car owner is going to even get the battery out and just chuck it in a ditch some where. My Bitch is the light BULBS, that say on the side of them "GREEN", but take a look at the bottom, of package, contains mercury, if breaks leave the room for a few minutes, say what! O K so 100 thousand people buy say ten to twenty to put in there houses, the might last longer by what a month, still all those people will be throwing them away, in there trash, because the power company, Walmart, said that they were "GREEN", oh and by the way the incandescent light, that most people are used to will be gone, made no more, because of the so called "GREEN AWARENESS" think about that next time your reading your book in the middle of the night. No paper is not the problem, we can make paper from corn, recycle paper, and never touch another tree, for it. But watch what you ask for! Love BBB

    ReplyDelete