We come across many little things in life that may seem small, but in reality are more enjoyable than many of the bigger things you might run across. Some of these things may even seem boring to some people, but quite the opposite to yourself. Here's a few of the small yet exceptionally enjoyable things that I love about life:
1. Waking up in the morning to my cat purring so hard he practically vibrates off my bed.
2. Finding my favorite flavor of Jelly Belly in a big jar next to all the flavors I don't like.
3. The smell of Vicks VapoRub. I mean really, that's just about the best smell in the world.
4. Breakfast for dinner (I know that's a bit redundant, 'cause I've blogged about that particular pleasure before, but it deserves to be in this list).
5. Dancing without a care to my favorite song.
6. Going out to the beach to get wet, and coming home to get wet again in the shower.
7. Watching my cat spazz when I drag his toy across the grass.
8. Sitting outback (or anywhere for that matter) with family and/or friends telling jokes.
9. Playing fetch with my old dog (before she passed...).
10. Laughing with my Best Bud, for no apparent reason at all. Just because we can, I guess.
11. Huddling in the bathroom heater with my Mum on a cold winter's night.
12. Kitty-lip kisses. I mean really, how cute are their fluffy little lips? So cute you want to bite them but you settle for kissing them instead, that's how cute.
13. Enjoying a nice cup of tea on a cool day.
14. The sound of a can popping when you open it.
15. Taking a nice long, hot shower after a hard day's work.
16. Finishing something. A story, a book, a job, a painting, anything. I just love a job well done.
17. Starting something (see above "somethings"). Nothing like a fresh start to get me excited.
18. Peanut butter. If I were allergic to peanuts, I would die (he he, I made a funny!).
19. Hand writing letters to loved ones using a quill and ink. Nothing else could be so personal for your friend/family member on their birthday and/or holiday.
20. Painting a room and getting it all over myself (which I do. It even gets in my hair, yet strangely enough I love it).
21. Coming home with my mum to find that the boys have fed themselves and Nana, and cleaned up after themselves as well.
22. Painting. I love the tranquility of it, and even the smell of fresh paint relaxes me.
23. Curling up in bed with a good book.
24 Writing. Anything really, it's all about my fingers flying on my keyboard, and my imagination flying high in the sky somewhere.
25. Watching someone laugh, cry or gasp in general amazement at my stories. I think that's just about the only thing better than the actual "writing" part of my stories: Someone enjoying the finished product.
I guess what I'm trying to say here in this blog, is that there are so many little things in life like the things listed above, yet not many people these days seem to really stop to enjoy such things. They take the little things for granted, not even noticing them because they're in such a rush to get through life. When in reality, we should all take a pause in our busy schedules just to enjoy the moment. Because these small little moments in life pass us by too fast, and if we don't enjoy them while they're still happening, they'll just fly by and we'll miss them. So take a moment, and try to think of some of the little things you like, and do one of them. It doesn't have to be a chore to have a little fun. Your little-thing could be something as little as a good cup of coffee in the morning before work, or (like my dad) a nice cigar in the afternoon, or a few minutes of reading before bed, or even just a whiff of your favorite smell.
So stop to smell the roses once in a while, dammit!!! Or I'll get you!!!
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.
I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)