Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Is it smokey in here, or did you put a cry-ee show on?

Cry-ee show: A cry-ee show is a TV show (and/or movie, really) that makes you cry every time you watch it. I have run across many of those, and through the years, I have grown to resent them, and just can't understand why people still watch that crap.
BBB- I know you guys watch cry-ee shows, shows like Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and others. I want you to know that it's not necessarily the show that I can't stand, but more the reaction that I get from watching the show. Also, I wanted to ask: what compels people to watch those shows? Why do you want to cry while watching TV?
Okay, so maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because I have several shows that I like to watch that can be construed as cry-ee shows. In fact, I can think of at least two episodes of Charmed (I heart Charmed! I've seen every episode on DVD like, five times!!!) that are repeat offenders on the cry-ee crime of tears. They're both in season one.
The first, Dead Man Dating: Piper falls in love with a ghost while trying to save his soul from an evil Chinese reaper of sorts. Later she must say goodbye to him because it comes time for him to "move on", and I cry every bloody time. I just can't help myself. No matter how many times I put my stubborn face on and force myself to believe that I will not cry this time, in the end, I simply can't hold it in any longer...
The second, Love Hurts: In this episode, Piper (why do all the cry-ee episodes of Charmed include Piper?) finds out that Leo is a Whitelighter, but unfortunately, he's also dying. The only way to save him is for Piper to switch powers with him and heal him, but she can't figure out how to work his powers, so she thinks he's dead. In the end, she finds out that confessing her love for him was the only way to save him, and she cries and says "I love you" and saves him and I need to stop typing about this now because I feel like I'm gonna cry just thinking about the damn episode...
So anyway, back to the main point: Why do we all insist upon watching cry-ee shows, when we know they'll just make us cry like big babies? What is the obsession with crying while we watch TV? Do we like to cry all the sudden? Because if so, why don't we just go kick a wall really hard or slam our fingers in a door? I guarantee that'll make ya cry. Or laugh, if you're a guy (not kidding, my brother once laughed when a hammer fell off the roof and unto his head. Well, not right away, because he was busy trying to stay conscious I expect, but later he laughed his fool butt off about it. But that's a blog for another time...How many times do you think I can say But in one blog? But I guess that can by a butt-blog for another time).
But anyway, all I'm saying is that I just don't understand the reasoning behind deliberately watching a show that makes you cry. But I am curious to know what kind of shows you may watch that make you cry every time you watch it. So leave a comment, and tell me what kind of show or movie or whatever makes you cry! But just make sure you don't butt into other people's business and kick their butts till they tell you their cry-ee shows that make them cry but they just keep watching them.
Also (here I go again starting a sentence with "also"), another cry-ee show that is stupid but for some reason I still watch it but I can't figure out why it bloody hell makes me cry: Psychic Kids. Why do I cry like a complete idiot when those stupid kids start talking about being afraid of ghosts and crap? Why do tears well up in my eyes when they start crying and hugging each other because they finally understand a little of what's going on and they now have a friend who's going trough the same thing? I don't understand this, because I'm not even sure I believe half those kids are psychic, so why does it make me cry? Ugh...And people always wonder why I'd rather watch a comedy instead of a romance or drama or something...Because I hate crying at those stupid damn movie and/or shows.
Any-way (ever notice how much I start sentences with "anyway" and variations?)...Leave a comment and share the joy that is the cry-ee show.
Butt- I mean, blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.
P.S. But butt buttity but butt but, but but, butty butbut, buttata, but but buttbut, but.
(That and what's in my tags makes 55 times that I said butt, but or any variation of the word butt. Including when I said but and butt just now)

3 comments:

  1. Our favorite cry-baby show are Extreme Home makeover, Holmes on Homes, Overhaulin, and now Steven Segal Lawman, watching it last night both made us cry. Not sure way we watch them but I know why we cry, we cry because were happy for the people, they deserve the gift, or home whatever. Any ways We like them and its
    O K to cry. BBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well! I no like cry if not necessary...(I also no know why I type in strange accent)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Bro got me hooked on talk like cute cat, you know, "I can has cheeseburger". That why I type like weird. I can has comment!!!

    ReplyDelete