Welcome, to all of those insane enough to walk this blog!

As you might have noticed, this here blog is one big archive of the ramblings of an insane author. So insane, in fact, that I wouldn't be surprised if you went mad just reading said blog...Good luck ;)

Directory

I lied. This is not, in fact, a "directory" as the title above might suggest...This is merely a warning of what you might find on this blog. I believe I have already warned you of the insane ramblings archived in this blog, but I must say, if you are not prepared for the tomfooleries that can be found here, you might just want to close this tab, shut your computer down, and walk away slowly in order to keep your OWN sanity in check. Fair warning >;)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mushy-deep-thoughty-thought-train-of-thoughts...

I don't know what got us on this subject, but today my parents and I were out in the back yard, in our bathing suits just chilling after a hot day, and we all got to thinking. Now, when we think like we were today, things can get a bit confusing and deep. You see, we were thinking and discussing what happens after you die. You know, one of the big questions in life and beyond. And this particular question has been asked so many times over the years that of course this train of thought is not very original, and we've even talked about this a few times in the past, but sometimes things like this just get stuck in our minds and we need to air it out. So anyway, one of the big questions we discussed was what happens to your husband/wife when they die? When we (and by "we" I mean humans in general since I've obviously never been married myself) take our vows to get married, we say "till death do we part". Does that mean that when you die, and you happen to make it to heaven, God gives you someone else to love while you're "up there"? Or if your spouse dies first, and you get remarried down on earth, what happens when you and that new spouse die and go to heaven? Do you get to stay with your old spouse, or the new one? Or since you're all dead, does that mean you're single, because death did you part? Do you have to choose between spouses? Because that would be insanely hard. But the Bible says that there will be no reason to be sad or upset, so obviously you won't have to go through heartache trying to decide. Which brings us back to: Do you get the first person you married, or the last person you married? Which love, if any, do you spend eternity with?
These are some very good questions, I think, and there are most likely a lot of answers for these questions, depending on your beliefs. I personally think that there are many great loves out there for each of us, but there is only one "soul mate" per person. Only one person that you are meant to spend eternity with. And if you don't meet that person on earth, you get to spend that eternity with that person when you die. And yeah, I know this is getting a bit on the mushy-deep-thoughty-thought-train-of-thoughts side of things, but hey. I can't help but sound a bit deep sometimes. I have a serious side, ya know. But, of course, my silly paranoid-rant side tends to come out more, which I have proven by writing "mushy-deep-thoughty-thought-train-of-thoughts" as a sentence. But whatever.
Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are so many things out there that I would love the answer to, but I guess I'll have to wait till I get old (hopefully) and die to get those answers. And maybe I'm okay with that. Maybe a little mystery in our lives adds excitement, because if you think about it, if we knew everything now, there would be no room for error. No room for excitement, or learning, or anything else that makes us human. We would no longer have a child-like fascination with anything, because we would know exactly how and why things do the things they do. If that even makes any sense. It does in my head, at least.

Just something to attempt to try to wrap your head around (and yes, that was a bit redundant)! Keeps us intelligent when we use our brains to actually think about things, ya know.
Blog ya later, Miss Eccentric.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you are a thinker. You never really know whats going to happen in life or after-life, all I truly know is that you are a gift from God to your Dad and me! I love it that we can have those deep conversations anytime we have the time.

    ReplyDelete